Sunday [28th February]
Yes, even on a Sunday, the Orientation Committee had something planned for us. We had this activity called a Track Trip. It’s where each group is given a Disney Princess character and someone from the group has to dress up to the given character and walk around the selected destination and take pictures. We then have to compile the pictures into a scrapbook. Along the way, we also had to search for a 60’s outfit in KLCC and record the process of searching for the right outfit! Group 2 was assigned Cinderella and we had to go to Taman Tasik Perdana as well as KLCC. And yes, I was the Cinderella. But to make it less awkward, the group got another person to dress up as well. So our IMGG became Prince Charming. And the Track Trip begins.
We actually saw a couple of real married couples having a photoshoot at the park! Oh and did I mentioned that people kept giving us weird stares and some actually stopped us to take photos with us! And they congratulated us on our marriage. [Don’t we look alil too young to get married?? ]
After lunch, we had another task to carry out. Which was to record and take pictures of the process of searching for a 60’s outfit!
After Track Trip, it was non-stop rehearsals till at night for the coming event on Monday.
Monday [1st March]
So what’s on Monday that required so much practice? It was Dress Code 2. It’s similar to Dress Code 1 except that this time, we had to make some sort of a music video but perform it live to the crowd. Our song was Down by Jay Sean but there’s a twist to it. We need to change the lyrics and add in the word ‘Thong’. So it went something like this,
You oughta know,
Tonight’s the night to let it go,
Put on a thong,
I wanna see how you lose control,
So leave it behind,
‘Cause we have a night to go Monash…
So come on and fly with me,
As we go for teh tarik…
The lyrics were hilarious! Oh and there’s this IMU thing where we always compare Monash and IMU. Don’t ask me why..
During the day, before Dress Code 2 begin, we went around looking for seniors to get their signatures. This is another activity called the Signature Hunt. We are given a booklet with names and positions of the seniors. Then we have to get their signatures and those with more signatures earn more points. But knowing the committee by now, nothing comes easy.
The seniors will give us tasks before we are given the signatures. The picture above is one example of the things we have to do to get a signature. It’s called a Firecracker. We have to lie on each other’s stomach and take turns to say ‘Ha’. The first person says ‘Ha’ one time, the second says it two times and so on. And I was the last person. [But it looks like a firecracker right??]
Oh and this one was a hard one! Thanks guys for being so sporting! I think it’s called a Table or something. They had to do a bridge but without having to arch their back. Then, they had to lie on each other’s stomachs and let go of their hands. Which means they can’t support their weight with their arms. This one required alot of stomach and leg strength. Plus, they had to hold for a minute!
Oh and an example of how we like to compare between Monash and IMU. Heh..
Sadly, I don’t have any picture’s of our performance in Dress Code 2 cause it’s with my other friends but what I can say was that the dance performance turned out well and cheerleading was also involved! [I first time flyer wei! ] Might show you guys vids when I get them.
After the performance was supper again at Ajimal.
Tuesday [2nd March]
Today was a free day. No activity was planned for us but we were still busy. We had to continue with our Signature Hunt.
The Caterpillar. I was exempted. Cause I was wearing a skirt.
We finally had a proper dinner together and not supper cause we had no events to attend on that day.
I’m so much darker now ever since Track Trip.
Then after dinner, it was rehearsals for the final event on Thursday.
Oh and I think today’s the day when we found out that one of the ‘junior' in my group was actually a spy! I think they did a really good job hiding it cause I was really shocked when I found out! Apparently, every group has either 1 or a few spies who are actually our seniors. The spies were added to watch how we bond in a group and all.
Wednesday [3rd March]
Today was Telematch day. But since today was the last day to collect signatures, we went signature hunting again.
Telematch was held at the field in the National Sports Complex in Bukit Jalil.
The green shirt represents our batch, MEDTCH1/10! Our intake has the first Chiropractic batch too!
One of the stations on that day! We had to get into that pink solution and look for a chicken heart [a real one, okay?!], 5 chicken feet and AMSA badges. AMSA is a club for medical students. Will fill you guys in on clubs another day.
After Telematch, it was rehearsals again for Thursday. Oh and I’ve been eating out of Styrofoam boxes for 2 weeks now.
Thursday [4th March]
The big day has finally arrived. Tonight is Variety Night. The last event for the whole of orientation.
Then it was the group act. As our group was the last group to go, we left the hall to continue with our preparation. I know, talk about last minute! We finished the props and also managed to run through the whole performance a couple of times till we got it right.
Me and the leads for the night. Our title was Princess Xena & Chief Geronimo in a world where everything’s upside down. We came up with a romance story and the upside down part was how girls and guys swapped places.
The guys doing the Gee dance from Girls Generation. [Some of them can shake better than a girl!]
Okay I don’t have the vid or pictures of the actual performance but when I get it, I’ll post it up or something.
Friday [5th March]
With Variety Night ending very late [we finished at about 1ish in the morning!], I stayed over at an OO’s place. [Thanks Charlotte! ]
Then went for brunch at 10ish with the guys. And went to buy snacks for the Viva session tonight. The Viva session has been a group 2 tradition. It’s where all the group 2 members come together after Finale night and kinda have a heart to heart session. But whatever’s discussed will remain in group 2 itself.
Drove back home in the afternoon and took a long nap. Then in the evening, came back to IMU for Finale night. The theme was Beach-wear. So I wore a brightly printed dress!
Some of the performances for the night.
The Orientation Committee had a dance performance planned for us too.
Chief SM & I [SM stands for Station Master btw]
Gah, I’m so tanned now! I look like a Hawaiian!!
I just love the idea for the Scoreboard. So cool! Oh and the IMGG winner was from Group 13. Usually the IMGG winner will become President for the Orientation Committee in Sem 3 but it also depends on the votes from the batch.
Group 2 ended up winning 2nd place! It was totally unexpected. When they announced that we got 2nd, we were all stunned and it took awhile to sink in. Then when our leader cheered, it only hit us! GO 2pedo Train!!!!!
Anyways, after Finale Night, we all went out for supper at Papparich. Kinda like a last Group 2 supper thing.
After supper, we went back to a friend’s place to have our Viva session. And we only finished at 630am.
In conclusion, the past 2 weeks have been insanely fun. I’ve had the time of my life during Orientation. Meeting new friends, learning the true meaning of working together as a team and the importance of friendship is what I’ve gained during the 2 weeks.
I’ve also pushed myself to the limit; doing things that I’ve never thought I could do in normal circumstances. I represented my group to go through this haunted house task during Indoor Treasure Hunt and I’m usually very scared of all these. I also went up to pole dance [ ] during Icebreakers, I got my hands and feet dirty during Wet Icebreakers, Outdoor Treasure Hunt and Telematch and as a result, got an infection on my finger, I wore a prom dress to KLCC and had to pretend I was getting married on that day [
], I had to be lifted up and act as flyer during Dress Code 2 with no training as a flyer whatsoever [I’m really not that light.] but mostly, I’ve learnt that you can’t work alone and to not judge a person by their appearance or just by first impression. There’s more to them than that.
The friends I’ve made this past 2 weeks have been great and I hope the Group 2 spirit will still be in us when uni really starts. [Eh, OO’s next sem, kay? Let’s keep the tradition going! ]
3 comments:
EhEh whatever k! Monash rox my sox! hehe (:
You make an adorable cinderella btw. Even if you're in IMU *grins*
Chloeeee!!!! I really like these 2 posts about your orientation experience... as a Group 2 member! :) I wonder what kinda interesting characters we will have in Group 2 next sem! :)
WanAmalyna: awwww... haha! i have nothing against Monash btw! *winks* and thank youuu, am!!
Charlotte: haha, thanks Charlotte! :) yeah it was a great experience! One I dont think I can ever forget! ;) hehe, well we'll just have to wait and see..
Post a Comment