Snapshots!

Burger Junkyard

So how'd you guys spend your valentine's day? Red heart

This year marks the first time my boyf and I spent Vday apart! Sad smile So Valentine's day just felt like any other day! Skyped him early in the morning (12 hour time difference with the U.S) and he sent me a video the night before.

Photo 14-02-2013 13 50 45

A screenshot from the video he sent me.. Cute boy said he drew the boy in the pic with 3 strands of hair cause 'too stress ady here'! I don't know smile A picture of him giving his heart to me! Left hugRed heart

 

Since I couldn't go out with him during Vday this year, I spent it with his siblings and mine! Hahahaha Some of you guys might find it strange but we all know each other so it was cool! Hot smile

My bro and I actually wanted to try out BurgerLab cause I still have not been there but they were closed for the CNY period. So Burger Junkyard it was!

It was our first time there and I'd say I came home satisfied! Rolling on the floor laughing

 

IMG_0096e

Pretty cozy place!

IMG_0098e

 

IMG_0099e

I thought that this was such a brilliant idea!! Using a rat as a wait table! Super cute!

IMG_0105e

I liked how they kept to the theme of a junkyard. From the rats to the graffiti walls and to stacked up boxes used as chairs!

 

IMG_0111e

 

IMG_0112e

Coincidentally, we all wore navy blue! One of my favourite colours especially on clothes!

 

IMG_0113e

The NON BLUERS!

IMG_0114e

The Brooklyn Burger! (Choice of either Char Broiled Brine Cured Whole Chicken Leg OR Beef Patty, Steamed Aged Cheddar, Turkey Ham, Beef Bacon, Grilled Pineapple, Fried Egg, Garden Greens & Homemade Aioli)

The pineapple gave a nice sweet touch to the whole burger! This was pretty good but I thought that it was too big a portion.. We ordered the regular sized ones instead of the halved burgers. Those of you with smaller stomachs, you guys should probably share or get the halved ones!

 

IMG_0115e

The Texas Hold Me Burger. (Chargrilled Beef Patty, Steamed Aged Cheddar, Fried Onion Rings & Homemade BBQ Aioli)

I preferred this burger! It was so good!! But my sis preferred the Brooklyn Burger though. I thought that the Brooklyn Burger had a slightly bitter aftertaste (but it was probably due to the lettuce or something) but if you take in a bite with the pineapple, it's heavenly!

 

IMG_0117e

 

IMG_0123e

This picture reminded me of something my primary 6 English teacher once told our class. We know her as Puan Lee. She said that if you're going on a first date, don't eat a hamburger cause you have to open you mouth very wide and it'll look unlady like! hahaha

And I remember this up to today!!!! And it is true!! The burgers were so thick that it's impossible to take lady like bites!! Send a kissThumbs down

IMG_0133e

She looks like the female version of my boyf! So alike!!!!

IMG_0137e

Dom was extra happy that day! burgers + brother = Open-mouthed smile x 100

IMG_0140e

 

 

IMG_0144e

And seeing how it was Valentine's day, desserts were on the house!! Panna cotta! Not bad..

 

IMG_0132ee

I'm gonna miss this kiddo so much!!!!! Sad smile 

Hmm guess this wasn't such a good review seeing how we all only ordered 2 types of burgers! We all had similar tastes! hehe Nyah-Nyah And there are more pictures of us than the burgers! Laughing out loud 

But my bro went for round 2 and ordered a Balsamic Beefin' Onions Burger which he said was a little sweet. And seeing how my bro is pretty much an expert when it comes to burgers (and also pan mee), he said he still prefers BurgerLab's burgers. I can't give you my verdict as of yet as I've yet to visit that joint but I sure will do when I get the chance to! Hopefully soon! >.<

But I do know that I would like to visit Burger Junkyard again to try their other burgers! They also have a seasonal menu where the burgers sound a tad more interesting! Burgers with mango wasabi sauce or Danish blue cheese? I wasn't brave enough to try it the last time but maybe next time! Check out their blog for more info! Thumbs up

ttfn, tata for now!

0 comments:

Post a Comment